Monday, May 15, 2017

Spring is Finally Here

After the many cold months living in Minnesota, Spring has finally arrived.

One of my favorite things I enjoy at this time of year is watching all the birds come right outside of my kitchen window to my honey crisp apple tree and the several feeders we put out for them. The chirps and discussions these birds have is music to my ears. I will never tire of listening to birds.

Sparrows, Robins and Finches are what we usually see, with the occasional woodpecker.

This year however we have been seeing morning doves on our property. Listening to their coos before I even get out of bed is such a beautiful way to be woken up. I love them as they seem so docile and calm, yet they know where they are going in life, with their partners by their side.



This year I have been having an urge to apply more birds somehow in my paintings. I did not intentionally do this on my painting "Early Flight" but that the bird somehow had to be there, to pull the painting together.











Oil and Cold Wax on panel 10 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment