Friday, May 26, 2017

My World Has Gone to the Dogs

So much I want to create and so little time! I have so many ideas for my art and I am somewhat frustrated due to lack of time. Yet, in these frustrating times, one somehow finds a way.




It is a usual dilemma that artists run into sometimes to have so many ideas and not sure where to start. My inspiration a lot of times comes from my dogs.

Late last year I had an old canvas lying around that my daughter had drawn the outline on a few years ago, of our beloved Chihuahua Aiden who suddenly passed away a couple of years ago. The canvas sitting there for a couple of years with just the initial outline, not sure what I was going to do with it, figured I would just gesso over it and go from there. I decided one day that I did not have the heart to cover “Aiden” so figured I would try to make something of it.

What started with acrylic paint in the background, soon led to collage papers I had in my stash, some handmade, some store bought. I also have always had a love for urban art and collage, so decided this was how I was going to go about this piece.

I of course, reached for my two favorite colors, oranges and blues and decided to stick with that.

                                           "Aiden" Collage Mixed Media on Paper 16 x 20

As the artwork emerged it became clear to me what I needed to, was to do more!
I became hooked on these as my love for dogs is so great (we currently have four Chihuahuas and a Corgi). So this is how my Urban Collage Dog Series started!

Each one is done on watercolor paper that has been under painted and pastel primed for texture. From there just collage, stencils, some mixed media materials, with some paint along the way!
I hope you enjoy this series as much as I have. I am currently working on more, so more on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment