Sunday, April 29, 2018

Now is the Time

I have been going through some recent changes tin my life hat have been showing in my creative process. I am finding more and more that I am striving for significance in my work. Now is the Time really sums it up for me in recent life changing events.



I started with a 6" x 6" deep cradled wood panel. My first step was to gesso in a deep gray. Then I used crackle paste with the Ornamental Compass Screen stencil by Gwen Laufleur Stencil Girl Products.


I then used Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Chalk paints from Seth Apter's collections of a combination Turquoise, Caribbean Sea, Granny Smith, Green Patina, Midnight and of course Mud Splat.

I needed somewhat of a border since I love borders so did so with Seth Apter and Emerald Creeks embossing powders of Ancient Amber, Chunky Rust, Patina Oxide and my go-to Rocky Road.



The sides I used texture medium and again used the embossing powders. Still doing the "what ifs" I decided to add the same Paper Artsy paints on the sides to add more color.

Still hungry for more I sprayed Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain in Rusty Hinge and Tattered Angels spray in Coffee Shop. Ahhh just what this needed!

Onto the emblems.

I used Seth Apter's Steering Wheel die cut offsetting half of the 16 layers which I had the perfect center piece, one of my vintage watch faces from my steampunk jewelry collection. It fit perfect!




I textured and finished the wheel along with the die cut rectangular frame below with the Prima Marketing Finnabair Rust Paste.










4 comments: