Thursday, April 5, 2018

2018 Brings New Changes

2018. The start of a new year and with it new goals. I still keep a hold with my current goals that I am still working on, but new positive directions are also a good thing. My eyes have been opened to uncharted roads that are somewhat new to me, but at this time in life, inviting.

Over the past couple of years I have added to my Urban Collage Dog line. I have found by looking back that those have even changed. For example my first dog Chihuahua Aiden. Notice the background, quite simple and "urbany" if that's a word.



Once useing a flowing abstract feel I am finding out I am incorporating a more linear and architectural feel to my work. Like the vertical and horizontal lines in the backgrounds of my dogs I am also using it in other more recent work. I think this still takes me back to many years ago my mom and I would go to downtown LA to browse and see what we did not normally see where we lived. Not to say I want to live in the cities as I love my rural lifestyle, but to visit once in a while would be nice.

I have noticed I have become more textural and a bit on the noisy side in the background. I noticed quite a change from my first to my most recent dog. I think the word I see is complex. I have recently been using more stamps and stencils and sometimes have a hard time saying "stop" I would usually say this is a problem, but in the case of these dogs, I think it suits them just fine.






No comments:

Post a Comment