Sunday, April 29, 2018

Ancient Artifact

I love the look of ancient artifacts that are an inspiration in art. I lalso ove finding rusty metal objects to incorporate into my art, and this one piece was begging for some extra attention due to the unique beauty of it.

This piece was found by my daughter while taking her Corgi for a walk. I think it may have been from a car around the tire maybe? So this was what I went with to create "something" with this piece, but before that....

I started with layering some ephemera on my wood panel. Then layering with paint and stains and stenciling with Pam Carriker's Beautiful Halo and some Seth Apter stencils. Adding more ephemera and more stains along with other textures such as mini stones and latex lace started to really build the piece.






Some of the mini stones on the bottom was a bit too much so I removed some and revealed a nice collage piece underneath. I further accented it and the top with Seth Apter and Emerald Creek embossing powders of Vintage Beeswax. I really liked how this was coming along so I added more embossing powder in Ancient Amber over the stained latex lace.

Still needing something more powerful I added one of Sandra Evertson's relic and artifacts pieces with the head piece. Staining, removing and staining more gave depth to this piece. I also at this point decided to do the same with the halo to give it cohesiveness. 

Next I stained cheesecloth to add another element to the rust piece and then applied both.

I really let the piece tell me which way to go with each step. The rust piece was a joy to work with.



No comments:

Post a Comment