Saturday, May 4, 2019

How Do You Make a White Dog Look Colorful, Yet White?

I will have to say some of my most challenging Urban Collage Dogs are the long haired dogs. For example, my Hungarian Sheepdog took many many hours with all those locks!

Layers upon layers cutting paper and applying EACH ONE individually was quite a tedious task. Then of course after that was done I had to apply the shadows on each strand. I was happy with the end result but was even more happy when this cool guy was done!

With that said, my next dog ended up by special request a Bichon or Bichon Frise. They are quite popular these days because they are hypo-allergenic and non-shedding, which to me, a dog owner, can really appreciate.

Well starting with the white dog was no challenge until I started adding color with paper. I noticed the more I went, the less it was looking like a Bichon! So I started painting in more white and paper. But something still was not right.

I got out my trusty stencils focusing on more of Seth Apter's stencils which are perfect for my dogs, and brought out the bright colors. Adding in transparent bright colors made it all the much better, but it needed more.

I started mark making and that was the touch that brought it out all together! I am finally happy with how it turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment