Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Throwing Paint

                           Teals and Warm Tones Abstract. Acrylic Paint on Canvas 12" x 12"

Some days I just feel like throwing paint on the canvas and wait to see what I come up with. No certain intentions, just intuition. The evening I painted this was a result of my" intuitive" side.

Did it turn like I expected it to? Maybe not, but it sure felt good to let go of the days busy schedule!

Sometimes we need to listen to our inner voice that sometimes holds us back or says "why not just let go." I find that when I paint like this, I am in the mode and nothing else really matters, well really not true......

Yesterday, another beautiful soul left us. Chester Bennington from Linkin Park. Recently Chris Cornell passed away too. I am in shock and heartbroken and at a loss for words.

When Chester sang the lyrics "in the end it doesn't even matter" in In The End, it really does matter...to me. I have direction of where I want to go in life, no matter how long it takes.

I started back my art later in life than I would like to have, but what is important is I did. Instead of saying "what if?" I am working hard at making it a reality, even at my age now.

Most of my waking moments are thinking of creating, and what I hope to achieve when I do my artwork. Many evenings I have a goal or thought in my mind of what I am going to do. Some evenings I am not so sure, I just do. As long as I create, and know I did the best I could that day, then it is ok.

Because in the end, it really does matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment