Friday, January 1, 2021

 Well 2020 was the year that "didn't go as planned." Need I say more? All shows were cancelled as well as workshops. I really missed the teaching as I love the human connection when my students are learning to do something new or outside of the box. I missed seeing all the friendships we make while discovering not only the art, but ourselves in many levels. 

On the other hand, I found solace in the "pause" in life. Taking time off was in a way, gave me time to discover and explore my own artistic journey. I tried new things, took some of those desires I had put on the back burner for so long, and was able to bring them to the front burner for letting my inner creative side go wild. I found I desired color in an incredible way. I had to bring flowers in my garden as I was stuck at home. What I found interesting was I also gave my inner world color through sculptures that I created with wire, clay, Powertex and paint!





A colorful deer spiritual animal for the 8" x 8" auction for the Crossing Arts Alliance in Brainerd Minnesota



And even put a huge, bright, colorful peacock in my front yard, which I had done the previous year.




All in all there was some good that came out of this past year. I anticipate 2021 to be even more of a journey to expand my inner drive to create. Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment